Skip to main content

Achievements

              So what's your best achievement,
          Nigh four decades have passed,
          The thing that makes you oh so proud,
          To make your name to last?
          For some it's their accomplishments
          Or academic gain,
          Still others, the career they chose,
          Which kept you all so sane.
          Perhaps it's working hard and sore,
          Which enabled you to thrive,
          While paying in, so you could gain
          That "Freedom fifty five".
          For me, it's nothing that I did
          That I am pleased to say,
          But something that was done TO me
          Which makes me proud today.
         The syndrome that I had from birth,
         Preventing living full,
         Many may have witnessed it,
         But thought I was a fool.
         I couldn't be a teacher
         While standing 'top the class
         If I took ill those pupils would
         Have thought I was an ass.
         A fireman, nurse, policeman
         Were doors slammed in my face,
         So why get a diploma
         To watch them, me abase?
         So trudging on, I laboured sore,
         Though suff'ring woe and grief,
         Wondering if there was in sight
         A sign of some relief.
         The greatest moment in my life
         Now twenty two years free,
         I was anaesthetised for my
         Prefrontal lobotomy.
         For thirty two long tiring years
         Those seizures I endured,
         Preventing me from 'living'
         BUT......... I'm thrilled that I've been cured.

         Ten hours under the scalpel,
         But I came through, with prayer,
         Then weaning off the mass of pills
         I'd had, - it seems, for e'er.
         I have the dent upon my skull
         At present, hid by hair
         But should that fall I'll not be 'shamed
         To tell why it is there.
         So YES, it's proved, I HAVE a brain
         They found it, I'll confess,
         But hyphen is a MUST for this,
         When I say, I'm brain - less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...