Skip to main content

Kevin Rankin

Kevin was a client 

With whom I was so blessed

A young man in his 50's

His caring, I caressed.


He'd had a traffic accident,

Paraplegia, made him weak 

No longer could he verbalise,

His 'blinking' eyes, did speak.


He trusted me entirely

Knew everything I'd say,

His face lit up each morning

When I came by his way.


Didn't trust the female carers

To stand him on his feet

But with me holding on t'him

Would stand tall, eyes did meet.


They had to use the 'Hoyer"

He did not like that hoist,

Though 'cause he was so nervous

On him they had no choice.


There was one super female

That's Alison, by name

When I had planned vacation

On Kevin, her, did train.


Explained what we were doing

And gave the reason why,

Then after I had shown her,

On Kevin, she, did try.


I think, because I'd told him,

He seemed okay with she,

Though secretly, deep down inside,

He wished it would be me.


The day I did return though,

From his bed, me did see,

Blinked once, twice, thrice, in disbelief,

"You're back, to care for me".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...