Skip to main content

Romans 10 : 9-11 "I BELIEVE"

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,”and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”




My now late neighbour, Gavin,

He passed, 2016,

I’d grown to love him deeply,

On me, did  heavily lean.


If e’er he needed driven,

Appointment, or the store,

He’d call me on the telephone,

Or ‘rap’ upon my door.


His wife had passed a year plus,

Drove her, work, to and fro,

I recalled well, the hassle

Of bussing it, so slow.


Was visiting in hospital,

As I was apt to do,

’Twas just my inner nature,

Given t'no matter who.


Informed him that I loved him,

Though, was a higher power,

Who’d died, because He loved him,

{Knew NOT, ’twas eleventh hour.}


Told him the shortened version

Of message bold and true,

How it was oh so simple

To gain a life anew.


I said “I love you Gavin,

Though someone loves you more,

So much, He  died in your stead,

Now knocks on your heart’s door.


Do you believe this message

And this free gift receive?”

While voice was faint and shallow

His lips moved “I believe” 


Next morning, after eighth hour,

Of his demise, was told,

While pain and hurt was in my heart,

My JOY was sevenfold.


I KNOW that we will meet anew

With tears of JOY in eyes,

Whene’er with loved ones, reunite,

In HEAVENLY Paradise.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...