Skip to main content

Rock the Boat

 A song from years ago did play

On local radio,

Evoking memory of yore,

From quite a while ago.

   Sung by The Hues Corp'ration,

Since 1973,

When I was early teenager,

It meant a lot, to me.

    Vacationing with parents

In Bonny Scottish land, 

As day trip, went to 'Butlins'

A Hol'day village, grand.

   Music was a-playing

O'er speaker system there,

And I went to a boating lake,

To sail before, - had ne'er.

   Seemed I was doing quite okay,

In my canoe so swell,

But then I shifted myself some,

And in the water, fell.

     My mum went into panic mode,

{As only mothers do,}

But pond, it was not very deep,

'bout merely 'three feet - two'

     Was able, quickly, to get out,

All sopping wet and cold,

Heard "Rock the Boat" play all around,

As to our car I rolled.

     For many years thereafter,

When it did come along

On local radio station,

Heard "Colin, there's YOUR song"




"Rock the Boat" is a song by American trio The Hues Corporation, written by Wally Holmes. "Rock the Boat" was first featured on their 1973

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...