Skip to main content

Can't help, but HELP.

 Many moons ago, late teen years,

'Youth group' leader, now passed,

An elder in my church, then,

His cancer, took him, fast.


Good friend to eldest brother,

Knew ALL our fam-il-y, 

One day before my birthday,

Those Heaven's Gates, he'd see.


Unbeknownst to me, years earlier,

My parents, he had told,

"Your Colin has the 'Gift of Helps'

He'd seen that gift unfold.


Our church choir, I had joined it

At seventeen years old,

Didn't know what part I'd sing there,

"Sound like a bass", was told.


So when I'd joined the choir there,

Sat 'tween two men, one blind,

Th'other, he'd suffered a Stroke,

In middle, you'd, me, find.


Back then, I still had seizures,

Though with them, took the role,

Of caring for those members,

It seemed I'd found my goal.


The blind guy, I would lead in,

Remind which hymn, was due,

Th'other, hymn book open,

T'whatever hymn was due.


Aft' career in caring over,

It came eas'ly to me,

I STILL see 'helping' chances

Wherever I may be.


At home, where I'm residing,

Few residents own car,

I'm pleased that I can drive them

Whether going near, or far.


At present church, one member,

Commented, about me,

"There's Colin, with the "Help Me" gene,"

I do it all, with glee.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...