Skip to main content

* RESIGNATION

 Working in a nursing home

Right here in Kitchener,

Retirement area, my domain,

Night duty, I'd be there.


Oft'times, aft working day shift 

Out in community,

My schedule did allow the time,

Those various  shifts to see.


Was in "Retirement" area,

Though oft' short handed were,

In area of  'nursing home',

Some of us, would work there.


Two reasons, give a hand to staff,

Also, to build up hours,

Many had to work two jobs

To keep their homes and cars.


Now management, (ne'er did our job)

New ruling, he'd edict,

That solely ONE area

Could work, without conflict.


Thus, many of us 'carers'

Lost hours, to make ends meet,

So second job essential,

To keep us on our feet.


Aft' working in community,

To nursing home, would drive,

To keep food on the table

A must, to keep alive.


Whene'er I reached the placement,

Informed I was, by staff, 

"You have to work in nursing care",

I really had to laugh.


Informed them that 'head honcho'

From working both, he'd blocked,

So did refuse their request,

Off their feet, they were knocked.


So 'head honcho' they called in,

He had to drive from Ayr,

T'instruct me of my 'duty'

To give to others, care.


Reminded him of his rule

Not long before'd create,

Of working in both zones there,

Methinks, it was his fate.


I then advised, my day job

Was giving me more hours,

So night job was not needed,

"I QUIT" - he'd lost all powers.


Now two men short, I doubt that

He donned some 'scrubs' to aide,

Maybe was pleased, save dollars,

One less to have been paid.


A few months aft' on T.V.,

In area where dwelt he,

Horrendous flooding suffered

Spokesman for all, to see.


His name and occupation 

Displayed on T.V. screen,

That nursing home, not mentioned,

Was he a now 'has been'?


They'd lost terrific worker,

Who'd volunteered, at first,

'Till work permit, attained, I,

For caring, had a thirst.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...