Skip to main content

Coiffeur.

 While working in a Nursing Home,

As P.S.W.

I'd try my hand at anything,

To show what I could do.


At bath day, for the females,

Oft' times, when hair, washed,  was, 

The bather, she would set their hair,

Give resident, a buzz.


The bosses mother, there, did live,

A male to bathe, was 'NO',

Howe'er, the girl who'd set her hair,

That day was a 'no show'.


The worker, when the bath was done,

Forlorn, aft' bath, appeared,

I o'erheard her dilemma,

And so I volunteered.


Assured her that, of my dear mom, 

Man' times, had set her hair, 

And so, with her,  nothing to lose,

She sat upon the chair.


Family of the residents,

When visiting, that day,

Where tot'lly flabbergasted 

With my 'coiffeur' display.


A few hours later, when 'twas dry,

The hairpins, I removed,

And then I brushed and styled the hair,

She really did approve.


The NEXT week, usual girl was there,

Though aft' bath had been done, 

Brought out the hairpins, comb and brush,

Did not expect such fun.


"I want Colin to do my hair"

(She really was a fighter,)

"Colin??" workers' gasped response

"That's right, he does it tighter"








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That's a very good question / They LOVED me./ Night after Christmas

        Look for Dan, Similar style to me. I will give the title of this ode at the end & you'll understand why, when you hear it. One phrase I've noticed past few years, Which irks me to extreme, Is heard in MANY interviews On media, it does seem. When being asked some questions, To information, give, Instead of starting th'answer off, This phrase, repeated, is. The first few times 'twas novel, But aft. a while, does tire, I feel like stretching out my hand, It sure does produce 'ire' It's heard also in general chat, In public, private too, Wherever folk do congregate  Or cause hullabaloo. It may be said on impulse, To have few seconds more, In order to form answer, For me, it irks, hearts, core. Of course it's a good question, Why ever ask one, bad ? Just give an answer to what's asked, Try not, to make me mad.(der) So what is it that irks me, That causes such aggression, That makes my teeth just grate with rage? Well, '' That's a v...

Murphy, in the morning, and through the decades.

Murphy, in the morning and through                             the decades. A 'Newfie' and 'New Scotian'  Their life paths, they did meet, 'Way back, in the '40's Soon, patter of tiny feet. A daughter, followed by two sons, Then "itchy feet" did get,  So westward they did venture, Ontario, their target. In Hamilton they settled down, "New House - new family" Our Patrick; then came Kathy, Two girls, - and boys? - now three. Young Pat became an 'Altar boy', And to his school, would walk, Then studying 'Radio Broadcasting' He had to "LEARN"? to talk?? ( "How now brown cow" what? what? ) Traffic updates, - summer job, At CHML's studio, First 'full time' job, broadcasting, Way down there, in Simcoe. 'Twas there he had a 'life change', A "NEW LIFE" guaranteed, Paul Fletcher guided him, straight path, Soon grown, that planted seed. With CHYM, followed by FAITH FM, His dulcet t...

To Know, Know, Know Him. {song}

To know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, Just to walk His way, In His will, to stay, Yes. to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him, And I do, yes I do, do you? When He died for me, On that cruel tree, He endured such agony Just so He could set me free, He rose again triumphantly And He lives in Heav'n eternally, He wants you and me there too. Why can't men see How vast His love be? Some day He'll return To take His own to Glory. To know, really know Him, Is to love, truly love Him Live for Him each day, In His will, obey, Yes to know, know, know Him, Is to love, love, love Him And I know, He loves you too.                                                                                       ...